THE WEATHER WE LEFT BEHIND

Monday, February 16, 2009

Last night my neighbor knocked on our door and said he had tickets for he and his wife to take a tour of 6 "special" houses in Mazatlan. Three old historic homes, and three new contemporary homes. It was a benefit for the people of Mexico. A good cause and about 300 people paid to go. But his wife was sick and could not go and he did not want to go alone or waste the purchase price. He basically told me I was going to go with him. To make it short, Ellen said to go (she wanted me gone for the day), and Robin, our neighbor would not take no for an answer.

I got up at 6:00 am and we left at 7:30 am to make the trip into Mazatlan to begin the tour at a Country Club/Golf Course meeting point where the newer homes were located.

I'll keep this short. Nice tour. Good day away from the RV park. Ellen and I both enjoyed the absence of each other. Enjoyable tour of some of Mazatlan's oldest residences along with some of the newest. What a contrast in design. While all were great architecturally, huge differences in tastes. Good to be with some "new" people. And of course, the best weather a Northerner could ever imagine continued yet another day (after day after day).

Well, I played golf so bad last Tuesday for the guest day at Estrella del Mar, that they want me back tomorrow. Compared to me they all are "good" players. I said "no gracias" but they signed me up anyway. I'm going, I guess! I think I'll just have to go and enjoy the day. I really don't want to pay the money to be miserable for 5 hours, but the Margarita's after the play help ease the pain. The club at Estrella makes killer drinks. Additionally, I bought a dozen used balls last week and still have some left. Would not want them to go to waste!

Bob Chew, I put your name on one ball last week and hit it into the Pacific Ocean - it sank immediately. Hope that has no hidden meaning! I'll try again tomorrow, but you'll probably be "swimming with the fishes" again. Hey, at least I'm thinking of you! Brother Tim said you are coming down next year. Maybe one of the "used" bags of balls you buy will have your name on it? Wouldn't that be special!

No pictures to post today. I don't think the "tour" pictures would be interesting without actually being there. But I'll put them on the computer tomorrow and if any look good I'll load them up.

Buenos Notches

No comments: