THE WEATHER WE LEFT BEHIND

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday night and we are about 25 north of the border at DeAnza RV Park, Amato, AZ. It's not even on the map, but it's just six miles north of Tubac, a very "hip" community in the foothills of the surrounding mountains. Beautiful views! Quite a difference in temperature after sun goes down compared to the Tucson foothills of Catalina Mountain. It's 9:00pm local time and 68 degrees. If we were still in Catalina just 50 miles north it would be in the 40's.

We waited 1 hour for my tow bar repair parts to arrive at Catalina State Park after our 2:00pm checkout time and still no delivery so we drove off. I will probably drive the CRV back there tomorrow morning to pick them up. It's only about a 60 minute drive each way if all goes well. This is a nice RV park at a reasonable price with big spaces, a laundry facility, and a work-out room that rivals any we have seen in park at twice the price. We plan to stop here on our way back north in 6 weeks. Very nice area. We did go out for dinner tonight and had good food, good service, good prices, and a very attentive owner. Hard to find in our travels all in one place.

A little anxiety about the crossing, but more anxious to just get it over with. Too much thinking about it! It's time to just go.

I have a few pictures to post but it's getting too late tonight to do it. Tomorrow I'll post what I have left from this side of the border and then do what I can after we cross. Once in Mazatlan I'll have no problem with wi-fi. Between here and there, 700 miles, I have no clue.

Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola!
Can't wait for pictures. Your right good food, good service, and attentive owner, sounds like the old flytraps...
Safe travels.Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

the last post was from me. since I am really not anonymous and you might not know me by that its Chincia from the hood.